The simple bare necessities

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Books...

I have been reading lately came across this set of books by Ngaio Marsh, classic theatrical whodunits ,stories about grim damsels and aging actresses,murder and grace.
I liked these stories complicated enough to arrest my attention and easy enough to empathise with.
I like books like these... off late I was quite disenchanted with books .
I was just lost among words that held no meaning ,thoughts that did not resonate and was left with a vacant stillness within.

Sometimes I just like a steaming cup of tea and a book that weaves a simple graceful story.

Sometimes its nice to know that the "Butler could have done her in" .

4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM , Blogger consumerdemon said...

finally, someone else who has read her. enter a murderer and vintage night were awesome! i don't remember anything else, i read them too long ago.

 
At 3:21 AM , Blogger musafir said...

I hate the two fo you. I really do. Bah!

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Sartorial Sarcasm said...

@consumerdemon: AARGHH have you not read something on this planet hmmm can never be one up on you in this regard:-) yeah me read false scent and opening night...nice ones

@musafir: Is that so well we hate you too :-) Eloor has a whole set of her books if you wanna check them out.

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger consumerdemon said...

heh heh

i can't help it. they were at home when i was in school.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home